Access to Tufts Libraries' Resources
Most faculty validate their status for off-campus access to our licensed resources with their Tufts Username and password. If our blue-and-white proxy screen won't accept your password:
- Try resetting the password for your Tufts Username with Tufts Tools.
- If that doesn't work, see our webpage for your type of appointment.
- If you still experience difficulty, contact
Presentation & Publication Support
For help with grant writing, copyright, and publishing, please see our guides:
Our licenses allow faculty to download images for presentations
these resources, among others.
- Access Medicine
- This image database allows faculty to store their own images, manipulate them and its own images, and create folders for managing presentations. For Instructor Privileges, register for a personal account and contact Chao.Chen@tufts.edu to activate it.
- For more details, see her guide: ARTstor & Other Image Sources.
- Clinical Key
- Search this collection of more than 48,000 photographs.
- Browse by specialty or subject.
- Other image databases licensed by Tufts
- Your Journals@Ovid
- Captions to tables, figures and other images in its journals provide an index to images.
- To search for images on a topic
- Select the last file in Ovid's database menu.
- Select Search Fields tab and check Caption Text.
- Perform a Boolean search with truncated keywords, e.g. (petechia? and child*.ct.)
- Browse the results for images in promising PDFs.
- Ask us for help with downloading the images from the PDF or the HTML version of the article.
Archive your publications in the faculty e-scholarship section of Tufts Digital Library.
The library seeks to work with faculty to improve our students'
access to information and to develop their research skills.
Please examine our services and contact us to request that we
- Place items on
reserve at our Library Service Desk (617.636.6706).
- Have a librarian assigned to your course and students through our Liaison Program.
- Update your course readings and links to relevant websites
and full-text articles with the help of your librarian.
us (617.636.6705) about joint projects, hands-on
training sessions & webpages designed to facilitate
the development of students' research skills. Please examine
these and other examples listed by school under Education on our homepage:
- Recommend that the library add
particular works to its collections.
Reserve a Room
- The library's seminar rooms and two computer labs with projection units can by reserved by faculty for classes.
- Please see our Computer Labs & Resources for more details on the equipment and software in our labs.
TUSK - Tufts
University Science Knowledgebase
- Access TUSK with your Tufts username and password.
- For help with a Tufts username contact the staff at the Library IT Service Desk
on Sackler 5 (617-636-2947).
- Email TUSK if
you still experience difficulty.
- Consult your Office of Educational Affairs (TUSDM: Jennipher Murphy (617-636-0352); TUSM: Lauren Fielding (617-636-6650)
or email TUSK, if you
would like to:
- Put course material on TUSK
- Construct a course homepage
- Add syllabi, readings, lecture notes, slide presentations,
quizzes, multimedia & links to websites.
- Consult with TUSK staff about graphics & multimedia
- Consult Elizabeth Richardson (617.636.6774), if
you would like to:
- Add full-text links from your references to e-journal
articles or e-book chapters
- List reserve articles, books or audiovisuals (with HHSL
locations) on your course pages
- Have a librarian
assigned to your course & listed on its Contact
- For permission
to directly upload images and files to a TUSK page, email TUSK or call 617.636.2969.
- Request copyright
permission for works loaded on TUSK.
Books & Journals
- Browse e-books by title
- Browse e-journals by title
- Search Tufts Catalog
for print holdings and access to most electronic journals. Connect to our electronic resources from its proxied link on the complete record.
- Link to full-text articles by clicking FindIt@Tufts beside the citation in most of our databases. Our customized PubMed shows a tab for Tufts holdings and blue icons on its Abstract and Citation displays for our print and electronic holdings.
- See also Tisch Library's How to Use Electronic Journals.
- For help with our journals, please contact our Library Service Desk (617.636.6705).
Books, Journals, etc.
- Check out our subsidized
fees for ordering:
- photocopied papers from our collections
- papers, books & audiovisuals obtained from other
our online document-delivery service.
- The registration link works on Internet Explorer. Firefox users may need to delete all cookies (Tools/ Options/ Security/ Show Cookies/ Delete All Cookies).
- Order articles via Ovid's Document Delivery
link following their citations.
- Order books and audiovisuals via the Tufts ILLiad
link in WorldCat
- Order articles directly from PubMed
via our Loansome
- Search Tufts Catalog
for works held in all Tufts libraries.
- Check My
Account to renew works you've borrowed and see what
you've requested from Tufts' libraries.
- Suggest purchase
of a book or journal subscription.
- To request customized, email alerts from Ovid
databases, please contact us or your department's library liaison. Or create a personal account and save your search history as an Auto-Alert.
- You can directly export citations with abstracts from the Results
Manager to bibliographic management software (e.g., RefWorks, EndNote).
- You can locate full-text and/or request articles not owned by Tufts via the Find It @Tufts link
at the end of their citations. You'll need to register for ILLiad first.
- We can help you create durable links to full-text
articles in Journals@Ovid and at publishers' sites.
- Send us your questions via the Ask
an HHSL Librarian link on the upper right of Ovid's Search Page.
- Access Tufts' proxied biomedical
- Browse by subject all Tufts' databases, which link out from the E-Resource Finder's gray bars.
- See tabs for Fab Five and Find Articles on the five portals at the top of our homepage.
- Import references with abstracts and URLs for full-text
articles from Ovid, PubMed, Web of Science et al..
- Create your own databases to manage reprint files, grants
- Create records for citing Webpages with captured information.
- Attach PDFs, images, and other files to your bibliographic records.
- Generate bibliographies in various bibliographic styles
within a manuscript.
- Generate bibliographies of staff publications to share on the Web.
- Search the Tufts Catalog, PubMed et al. from your own
- See our guide for Citing Information.
- Arrange for an EndNote or RefWorks training session.
- Ask us about Quosa, software that
retrieves PDFs automatically from Ovid and PubMed via our proxy server.
- Ask at our Library Service Desk for a Boston Library Consortium (BLC) card for borrowing at member
- Use your library barcode to request materials directly
via the BLC
- Show your Tufts ID for access to Harvard's Countway
Library of Medicine.
- Faculty must be on a list submitted annually by Faculty
Affairs (TUSDM:617.636.6544; TUSM:617.636.6631).
- If you are new to Tufts or not listed in the Tufts
Directory, contact our Library Service Desk or your Faculty
- Other faculty may enter occasionally with a letter
from our Library Service Desk.