MDConsult includes over 50 medical textbooks with search function for images, tables, and graphs; the Clinics of North America series; full-text journals; patient handouts (in English and Spanish); and comprehensive drug information.
- See Quick Links > MDConsult on all HHSL webpages.
- Choose from the tabs or from the center dropdown menu.
- Boolean operators (e.g. and, or, not) can be used to create search strategies.
- Synonyms of words and phrases, and alternate endings
of words, such as -s, -ies, -ing, etc. are automatically included.
- Truncation: asterisk (*) which retrieves any number of characters after the word
Example: cancer* retrieves cancer, cancers, cancerous,
- Recommended Results are searches for current, relevant, and clinically useful content for the most common searches on MD Consult. The results are organized by Overview, Etiology, Diagnosis, Treatment, Management, Prognosis, etc. Your search results will include a tab for Recommended Results if it is one of these topics.
Email & Printing
- Use the Email to Colleague link to send the url of a chapter.
- Click Print Version to print.
- Click Books tab for list alphabetically or by specialty.
- Click Journals tab.
- Default display is current issue.
- Use search function to locate a specific article.
Other MDConsult Collections
Drug Information from Drug tab
- Choose alphabetically from: Drugs, Indications, Contraindications or Adverse Reactions
- Links to recent Safety Notices and FDA Approvals
- Images which includes over 50,000 images, graphs and tables from the MDConsult book collection.
- Patient Handouts
Be sure to Exit