> Resources > How
to Find X > STAT!Ref User's Guide
| STAT!Ref User's Guide
- To view a
STAT!Ref Tutorial, click
- Always begin from an HHSL link to STAT!Ref.
- Choose either to search all works by clicking Select
All, or check boxes to select specific titles.
- Retrieve full texts by clicking on the linked title of
each match displayed.
- Matches are sorted according to frequency of appearance
and placement of search terms in documents (i.e., search
words appearing in chapter headings receive higher ranking
than if only in text body).
- When Select All is chosen, results are sorted
by type of book and related concepts are suggested on the
left side of the screen.
- Results: displays the results list from your search
- Table of Contents: displays the table of contents
and allows navigation within and among the various STAT!Ref
- Resources: links to resources provided by STAT!Ref
(e.g., Stedman's Medical Dictionary) or that are available
free of charge (e.g., PubMed).
- Result: takes you to the next document in the results list.
- Match: finds the next instance of your search terms within the document.
Stedman's Look Up: enter a keyword to search
the medical dictionary or simply highlight a term in the
text and select Stedman's Look Up.
- Be sure to log off
so others may log on.