The Collections Management Department selects, acquires and catalogs all library materials, including databases, books, and journals, both print and electronic, providing access to Tufts users on and off-campus. The department also maintains the library’s book and journals stacks, including an off-site storage facility.
The Collections Management Assistant will search, order, and receive books, provide the copy cataloging needed, process invoices, and maintain vendor files for the department. Will be responsible for adding and changing locations of books in the catalog, and for book processing. The Assistant will also be responsible for checking in the library’s current journals, oversee the shelving of both the journal and book stacks, and supervise the student shelvers. Will assist the Electronic Resources/Serials Librarian as needed. Will be asked to serve on library committees as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years’ experience.
- Knowledge with Windows and Excel.
- Experience working in a library’s technical services environment.
- Familiarity with online library system Innovative Interfaces, OCLC’s Connexion and NLM’s SERHOLD and MeSH.
- Supervisory experience of managing student workers.