Open during library hours.
||20 computers plus an instructor workstation at the lectern
||Overhead projector for instruction
||12 computers plus an instructor workstation at the lectern
||Wall projector for instruction
Click Here for Images of the Labs and Public Computers on the 5th Floor
Click Here for the 5th Floor Layout
Software Installed in Labs
All public machines provide access to the internet,
email and software that supports
the curricula of the Health Sciences Campus.
Many computers have CD/RWs and DVD/RWs.
Software Available at the HHSL Library
How to Reserve a Lab
- Please read the Computer Lab Policies and Procedures below first.
- If you would like to reserve a lab, please email the HHSL IT Services staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your school affliation (Dental, Medical, etc.), course number,
number of expected students, lab preference
(Big or Little), and any required software.
- If you have specific questions, you can call the Library IT Service Desk at (617) 636-2947.
Computer Lab Policies and Procedures
- Labs may be reserved by Tufts staff, faculty or Tufts Medical Center staff for academic course support and training only. Lab space will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Instructors are responsible for testing software to be used in the labs in advance to ensure that it works as desired.
- Individuals are prohibited from loading software onto the lab computers. If software is needed for a particular class, please contact the HHSL IT Services staff at least two weeks prior to your class.
- If the labs are not being used, they are available for walk-in use by students.
- Users needing access to a computer during times that the labs are reserved for teaching may sit in on classes at the discretion of the teacher.
- Please save your data to CDs or USB drives. All data on the computer will be erased when the computer reboots.
- All users of the library computers are expected to adhere to the Computer Use Policies.