Tufts Username and Tufts Password
A Tufts username (or Universal Tufts Login Name (UTLN)) and Tufts password are required to access library databases, electronic journals, email, TUSK, Spark Tools (Wikis, Blogs, etc.), wireless internet, and other resources provided by the University.
For help with your Tufts username and password account, please select your affiliation below:
Tufts Students, Faculty, and Staff are eligible for a Tufts e-mail box, meaning your e-mails are saved on an e-mail server.
Tufts Clinical Faculty are eligible for a Tufts e-mail alias, which is an "@tufts.edu" e-mail address that forwards to an e-mail box of your choice (such as an hospital e-mail account or a personal Gmail or Yahoo account).
For help with Tufts University e-mail, please visit E-mail Support.
If you are a Tufts Student who will be new to the University in Fall 2014 or later, you can access your Tufts e-mail mailbox by visiting http://outlook.com/tufts.edu.
All other Tufts Students, Faculty members, or Staff members can access their Tufts e-mail mailbox by visiting https://exchange.tufts.edu/.
Tufts E-mail Forwarding
To set up forwarding from your Tufts e-mail address to an address of your choice, please follow the directions below:
- Go to https://tuftstools.tufts.edu.
- Select: "I Want To Forward My Tufts Email”.
- Log in with your Tufts username and password.
- Change the field next to "Forward My Mail" to "Yes".
- Enter the forwarding email of your choice in the field next to "Forwarding Address".
- If you are a . . .
- Student: Choose Yes or No at "Save a copy of forwarded mail on the Tufts server?"
- Choosing "Yes" means that any mail forwarded will also be saved in your Tufts account.
- Choosing "No" means that all mail will be forwarded and there will not be any copies of the mail in your Tufts account.
- Clinical Faculty Member: Choose "No" where it says "Save a copy of forwarded mail on the Tufts server?"
- Click "Update".
If you are a Tufts student that is new to the University in Fall 2014, you may setup Tufts E-mail Forwarding through the Settings section of http://outlook.com/tufts.edu.
Access to Library Resources
To access library resources (i.e. library databases, electronic journals), you will need to use your Tufts Username and Password. Once you have a Tufts Username and Password, please see Access and Registration for more information about accessing library resources.
Access to Other Resources
Most resources provided by the University utilize your Tufts username and password as the login. However, some resources may require permission before you are able to utilize the resources. For example, if you are eligible to use Desktop Video Conferencing, you must request activation of your account before you can login to the program.
Before submitting a request to the Library IT Service Desk, please verify that your Tufts username and password are working by doing the following:
- Try logging into a Tufts resource that uses a Tufts username and password, such as Spark Tools or Tufts White Pages.
- If you are able to login to Spark Tools or Tufts White Pages, but are not able to access another resource, you may need to be granted permission to access that resource. If you need help requesting permission to access a specific resource, please contact the Library IT Service Desk.
- If you are not able to login to Spark Tools or Tufts White Pages, you will need to reset your Tufts username and password before attempting to access the resource. Please select your affiliation from the links below Tufts Username and Tufts Password to get directions for resetting your password.
If you have any questions about your Tufts username and password or access to other resources, please contact the Library IT Service Desk.
For more information about your Tufts Username or Password, see:
Tufts Username - https://it.tufts.edu/username
Tufts Password - https://it.tufts.edu/password