Activating Your Tufts Username and Password
School of Dental Medicine Clinical Faculty
If you are Clinical Faculty of the School of Dental Medicine, you should ask your department chair to have the Dental School's IT department assign you a Tufts username and password.
School of Medicine Clinical Faculty
As a Clinical Faculty member of the School of Medicine, you will receive a letter from the Office of Faculty Affairs with directions for registering for a Tufts username and password with a Personal Registration Code (PRC) when your appointment has been approved.
- For directions for confirming your appointment or completing the registration using your Personal Registration Code, please see How to Activate Your Account.
- If your Personal Registration Code is not working or if you need to have a new Personal Registration Code issued to you, please contact the Library IT Service Desk.
For more information about your Tufts Username or Password, please see:
Tufts Username - https://it.tufts.edu/username
Tufts Password - https://it.tufts.edu/password
Forgot Your Tufts Username?
Send an e-mail to email@example.com requesting your Tufts username.
Forgot Your Tufts Password?
- Go to Tufts Tools at https://tuftstools.tufts.edu.
- Select "I Forgot Or Don't Have My Tufts Password."
- Enter your first name, last name, and Tufts username and the Captcha code (distorted text image). Click on the top button with the two arrows to find a more readable one, if necessary.
- If Tufts Tools requests your birthdate and social security number, you do not have a forwarding email address setup. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a non-Tufts email address of your choice, and we will update your account and send instructions to reset your password.
- If your forwarding e-mail address has already been setup in Tufts Tools, Tufts Tools will send an email to that forwarding email address with a link to reset your password. Note: The link expires in 24 hours.
- Once you are viewing the e-mail from Tufts Tools, click on the link in the e-mail.
- Follow the directions on the screen to reset your password, paying close attention to the password complexity requirements.
- Once you have submitted the new password, you will see "Your Password Has Been Successfully Changed."
Resetting Your Tufts Password
Your Tufts password expires every 180 days (6 months). If you have configured e-mail forwarding for your Tufts e-mail alias, you will receive e-mail notifications that will prompt you to reset your password as you near the end of the 180 day time period.
If you know your previous password and it is within 180 days from when you last reset your password, use the following directions to reset the password:
If you do not know your previous password or if it is beyond the 180 day time period, use the above directions for "Forgot Your Tufts Password?".
Questions About Your Tufts Username or Password?
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Library IT Service Desk.
You may also submit a request for assistance with your Tufts Username or Password using the Request for Access to Tufts Resources form.