Registration is not required, but highly suggested in order to reserve your space if it happens to be a popular topic.
Thurs November 5:
Nothing makes a presentation snap like images! We will survey and search image collections licensed by Tufts and in the public domain. We will also discuss options for storage, display, and citing sources.
Research BaSiCSsss for D’18
Thurs November 12: REGISTER
PubMed: The Basics
Wed November 18: REGISTER
Thurs November 19: REGISTER
This workshop will introduce you to the National Library of Medicine's PubMed database. We will review:
- the structure of the PubMed database
- planning and executing a search strategy
- narrowing down search results
- finding full-text
- exporting citations into citation management programs, such as EndNote and RefWorks
EndNote: The Basics
Wed December 2: REGISTER
Thurs December 3: REGISTER
This one-hour session will introduce you to the basics of using the EndNote citation management program. EndNote allows you to create a personal database of references and generate in-text citations and bibliographies in a variety of citation styles. This session is for absolute beginners - no previous experience is required!
This workshop will cover the basic functions of EndNote, including:
· Collecting citations from research databases, such as PubMed, Web of Knowledge and Google Scholar
· Creating references from PDF files
· Selecting citation styles (such as APA and JAMA) and creating bibliographies
· Using Cite-While-You-Write to create in-text citations