December 21All library hours
- A clinically-organized reference tool consisting of more than 3,200 topics for use at the point-of-care. Each topic includes prognosis, diagnosis, treatment, screening, guidelines, patient information, and more. Available as a stand-alone app for mobile devices.
- UpToDate (campus use only)
- Clinical reference tool that provides current answers to patient care, diagnosis and treatment questions at the point of care.
- Ovid MEDLINE
- International biomedical journal literature includes over 11 million journal citations and abstracts in the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, healthcare systems, and pre-clinical sciences.
- Provides access to NCBI's databases including MEDLINE with links out to articles licensed by Tufts
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- A definitive clinical reference.
- The Springer Medical Collection includes over 2,500 titles. Among the titles: Chocolate and Health and Principles of Metabolic Surgery.
- Covers basic and clinical sciences texts, as well as resources for clerkships, diagnostic testing, drugs, etc. Among the titles: Harrison's Online and Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine.
- Covers many clinical specialities. Among the titles: Braunwald's Heart Disease and Campbell-Walsh Urology.
- Covers many clinical specialities. Among the titles: Bonica's Management of Pain and Differential Diagnosis in Primary Care
- R2 Digital Library
- Collection of medical, nursing and allied health books. Among the titles: Oski's Pediatrics and The ICU Book.
- American Hospital Formulary Service Drug Information
- Comprehensive, authoritative, and unbaised source produced by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. Includes: drug interactions, adverse reactions; cautions and toxicity; therapeutic perspective; specific dosage and administration information; preparations, chemistry, and stability; pharmacology and pharmacokinetics; contraindications, off-label information; and more.
- Concise, unbiased, synopses of FDA-approved prescription and nonprescription drugs. See Strength of Recommendation & Strength of Evidence grades in both Uses and Off-Label sections.
- Goodman & Gilman's The pharmacological basis of therapeutics
- Premier pharmacology text
- Poisoning and drug overdose
- Advice for the diagnosis and management of poisoning and drug overdose, plus concise information about common industrial chemicals.
- Literature in nursing and allied health. Mobile users: click on the "EBSCOhost iPhone and Android Applications" link at the bottom of opening page for instructions.
- Web of Science
- Multidisciplinary coverage of high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings.
- Multidisciplinary coverage of scientific, technical, medical, social sciences, economic and business literature. Instructions are available for mobile users.
- MEDLINE: PubMed@Tufts | Ovid MEDLINE
- International biomedical journal literature
- Literature in health administration, healthcare econcomics, and technology. Indexes journal articles, monographs, technical reports, meeting abstracts and papers, book chapters, government documents, and newspaper articles.
- Search the E-Journal Collection
- To search the E-Journal Collection, please click on the link above to log in.
- Find Funding
- There are multiple databases available through the Office of Research Administration that allow you to search for grant funding. Individual Foundations also provide grants for research in the biomedical sciences.
- NIH Grant Writing
- This page provides information and resources for writing grant proposals and NIH submission guidelines.
- Systematic Reviews
- This page attempts to help answer the following: What's a systematic review? How much time will it take to complete one? How can I find information to get started?
- Citation Management
- There are multiple options when it comes to keeping track of your references during the research process. This page will introduce you to two of our most popular prgrams: RefWorks and EndNote.
- Publishing & Open Access
- There are many decisions to be made when it comes time to have your research published. Some questions you might have include: What's the advantage to Open Access? How do I decide where to publish? What's the deal with journal ranking metrics and Impact Factors?