Tisch Library Undergraduate Research Award
Tisch Library has developed an award recognizing outstanding undergraduate use of the library’s collections and the development of expertise in the production of an exemplary research paper or project. All Tufts undergraduates are encouraged to apply.
- All currently registered undergraduate students are eligible.
- Group projects are eligible.
- Projects/papers completed between January 2012 and the present are eligible.
- Winners must agree to present at the undergraduate research & scholarship symposium and/or contribute materials to a Tisch display.
- Winners must agree to submit their entry to the Tufts institutional repository.
- the first year writing program (ENG 1-4 or any course taken to fulfill the college writing requirement)
- 001-099 level courses
- 100-200 level courses
Dates to Remember
- Monday, October 15th, 2012: Students may submit applications.
- Friday, March 8, 2013, 5pm: Deadline to submit applications. Due by 5pm. Neither incomplete nor late applications will be considered.
- Friday, April 19, 2013: Winners announced at undergraduate awards ceremony.
- Collect your application materials. A complete application will consist of:
- The personal info form (Download),
- a 500‐750 word essay (see essay tips) describing research strategies and application of library tools, resources and services in completion of the project,
- the final version of the paper/project including a bibliography. If your project is not in digital form, contact the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org),
- the instructor recommendation
- Attach to an e-mail the personal info form, the essay, and the paper/project and send to email@example.com by Friday, March 8 at 5pm. Assure that your instructor sends the instructor recommendation form by the same time.
- Unusual depth or breadth in the use of library services, staff and collections.
- Extraordinary ability to identify, locate, select, evaluate, and synthesize library resources and to use them in the creation of a project in any medium that shows originality and/or has the potential to lead to original research in the future.
Still have questions?
See the FAQ
Contact the Committee
|Julie-Ann Bryson||(617) 627-5862|
|Deborah Grams||(617) 627-4086|
|Martha Kelehan||(617) 627-2092|
|Laurie Sabol, chair||(617) 627-5167|