The Lawrence Shapiro Book Fund was established to support Tisch Library acquisitions.
Materials Purchased with this Fund Include:
- Gender and medicine in Ireland, 1700-1950 / edited by Margaret H. Preston & Margaret Ó hÓgartaigh.
- Cognition and neural development / Don M. Tucker and Phan Luu.
- Competing with the Soviets : science, technology, and the state in Cold War America / Audra J. Wolfe.
- The essential R reference / Mark Gardener.
- Exploring the solar system : the history and science of planetary exploration / edited by Roger D. Launius.
- Frontiers of astrobiology / edited by Chris Impey, University of Arizona, Jonathan Lunine, Cornell University, José Funes, Vatican Observatory, Vatican City.
- Functional morphology and diversity / edited by Les Watling and Martin Thiel.
- Genetic explanations : sense and nonsense / edited by Sheldon Krimsky, Jeremy Gruber.
- Overheated : the human cost of climate change
- Physics in mind : a quantum view of the brain