The Laura Alexander Memorial Fund supports Tisch Library acquisitions in Roman and Italian History and Culture, as well as the Italian-American experience.
Materials Purchased with this Fund:
- Communes and despots in medieval and Renaissance Italy / edited by Bernadette Paton and John E. Law.
- Italy's foreign policy in the twenty-first century : the new assertiveness of an aspiring middle power / edited by Giampiero Giacomello and Bertjan Verbeek.
- A forest on the sea : environmental expertise in Renaissance Venice / Karl Appuhn.
- The Inquisitor in the hat shop : Inquisition, forbidden books, and unbelief in early modern Venice / Federico Barbierato.
- History of Venice / Pietro Bembo ; edited and translated by Robert W. Ulery, Jr.
- Urban legends : civic identity and the classical past in northern Italy, 1250-1350 / Carrie E. Beneš.
- Porta Palazzo : the anthropology of an Italian market / Rachel E. Black.
- Cultural change among the Jews of early modern Italy / Robert Bonfil.
- The Italian in modernity / Robert Casillo and John Paul Russo.
- Building the new man : eugenics, racial science and genetics in twentieth-century Italy / Francesco Cassata ; translated by Erin O'Loughlin.
- City of fortune : how Venice ruled the seas / Roger Crowley.